Login | Register

All times are UTC - 6 hours

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:52 pm

Post subject: Farewell To Innocence
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:48 pm 

My dearest Heroh,

I can see you now in my mind, even as I pen this confession to you, at the age of 15, as you struggle to gain acceptance into the Royal Guard - an impossible task, you being so very young, and of course, a girl.

All the years you have been with me I have never mentioned your family's past to you. I feel it's time to let you know of your heritage, and how you may use this birthright to gain admittance into a most honored and tight knit garrison.

I must write quickly, for Ubreckt seeks to silence me for what I know.

Your mother was a nobleman's daughter. This you must remember above all else, for your struggle hinges on this realization. Lady Nadiah Ti'Mouse was a most gentle and caring person, who would have done anything for her country. Anything, including accepting an arranged marriage as her fate. Though her heart loved another, she was honor-bound to marry the Commander of the Royal Guard. The Commander was Titian, a merciless and arrogant rodent, who ruled efficiently through brutality and was in King Ubreckt's favor. Cut from the same cloth, the two each had a paw in your mother's demise.

Ubreckt, as foul a man as I have ever known, had promised the rodent many thousand ares of land and a position as King for Titian's male heir in the future. This was in exchange for Titian's continuing brutal justice.

It was not long after that Lady Nadiah was with child. When she bore you, a girl, Titian was outraged. His vicious verbal attacks were heard 'round the manor. It wasn't a fortnight later that Nadia was dead, strangled in her bed.

The family wailed in grief and demanded justice against the unknown assailant. They sought out Menubrius, the Royal Viseur, and he devined that Nadiah had been slain by her own husband's paw. King Ubreckt had silently applauded Titian's bold move, yet he was forced to banish his favored Commander. Banishment was a merciful punishment, as the influential Ti'Mouse clan sought death for Titian.

You may wonder, my Heroh, how you came to be with me, a simple guard of the Court. Nadiah loved me with all her heart, and I returned that love. I vowed on her grave to care for her child, OUR child.

Indeed, I am your true and loving father, but this fact will not help you in your quest. A claim that your mother was a noblewoman should sway the council in the favor of your petition. King Ubreckt already suspects Nadiah's affair with me, and you must HURRY my child. I must leave this kingdom now for my own safety as well as to save Nadiah's honor.

Never forget me, my child.

Egger

Offline Profile