Login | Register

All times are UTC - 6 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:23 pm

Post subject: Could it be that time..?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:40 pm 

Harsh, determined eyes stared over the young kit as it engaged a simple wooden stand before him. Those calculating, calloused eyes, ravaged by the horrors of war, stained in the blood of vanquished enemies, and glorified by the righteous luminosity of the Primes, kept rigid discipline over scanning the youngling's movements as he continued simple motions with his swords. Swings and dings attacked the lifeless wooden stand, beckoning straw and sound into the late afternoon.

For some odd reason, unlike his father, Odin wanted to utilize two swords, as opposed to that trademarked Shield-and-Sword of his father, the weathered Paladin. For the time Crad was away, Odin had practiced with one sword and found it to be lacking. Upon the admission that he didn't want to bear the burden of the shield, Crad did nothing more than smile and embrace his son in such a fashion that conveyed love more than disappointment.

Maise's health had been a matter of concern for the Paladin for the past few months, because since his return he wanted to take that emaciated, near sickly woman who held her head high in defense of the City the wolf so loved and bring her back to full health. She was tough and dignified, and did not believe in stopping for a moment or letting up on her "Go Big, or Get Out" mentality. It was something that made Crad love her that much more; behind every good man was a great woman, and this Paladin, torn from his family at such a young age, raised by worn and torn streets of dishonesty, deceit, stealing, and scrapping to get by, and dignified by a City that blessed him with power to defend others, truly loved that simple Smith from indigenous roots.

"Do not set yourself too far forward, Odin. Remember your Balance. Form comes first, and then power shall follow," said aloud the Wolf, regarding his son as he noticed a distinctly improper movement.

The boy looked back at his father, showing those wolven features that identified him as his father's son, and those golden eyes that marked him as his mother's own. "Yes, Father..." said the Boy, who then turned, though seemed perturbed by something "Father... why did you have to leave us?"

Crad frowned firmly. This was the biggest regret he would ever face in his life; serving as a Warrior to a Prime who stole him for usage in other lands while his homeland was ravaged, destroyed, and his family... "We have talked of this, Odin. I had to follow my Oath to the Prime of War. I had to..."

"But there was war! There was war here! Mother fought, I fought... Lily... She..." the boy started to say, overcome with grief. Odin dropped his wooden swords to the dirt beneath him, and fell to his knees. Crumpled and slamming his fist into the ground, the boy wolf-panther damned the Primes and angrily let out his discontent with the passing of his sister at the hands of vile Vampyres that ransacked their home during Crad's absence. "It's all your fault! You had to leave me! Leave mother! You could have protected us!"

Crad stared to his son for a moment, and continued to hold onto that frown. "It was my fault, Odin, and you have no idea the grief I have over that, and over your sister. Know that I will spend an eternity to make up to you the time that I failed to be present and fulfill my responsibilities. Not just to you, but to your mother and late sister, and the City of Atas'Cosita," Crad replied, walking over to his son and pulling his much larger frame against that of his scrawny son. A soft kiss was planted on the boy's headfur "I hope in time you will be able to forgive me, and that the Primes will bless this family once again."

"Well, I hope you didn't hurt him too bad with your training, Mister Paladin! Our son will carry your toughness, but don't be too hard on the boy!" called a soft and familiar voice from nearby, causing both of the males to look at her and regard that beauty in distinctly different ways. "It's time you both wash up and come in for dinner."

Crad released his son, whose pain was all but forgotten when his mother mentioned food and dinner. "Obey your mother and be sure to wash up before you eat, Odin," expressed the wolven patriarch as he made his way over to Maise "I need a few moments to speak with your mother."

A look held in his eyes, and those rugged, rough hands tugged her hips against him in the most suggestive of fashions. They held a look for a few moments, sharing that timeless stance where they so often enjoyed to be. There were not words for that moment, and yet they both knew the deep love and devotion either had to the other. Their relationship was no short of failures, flops, and challenges. Yet, none of that mattered. At that moment, it just needed to be them both.

In more-than-just-loving fashion, Crad leaned over to kiss his wife with passion, desire, want, and lust. A soft set of kisses then followed, along her neck and up to her ear where a soft whisper was rendered. A blush was her only reply. Then, a soft kiss was pressed from her into Crad's lips, and she turned to walk away. Of course, Crad couldn't let her get away that easily! A slight squeeze of her buttocks was given, which caused Maise to yelp a bit excitedly, jump just a bit, and turn to look at the Paladin with one of those looks.

There was no more wandering, no more battling in distant lands, and Crad was sworn to be the Paragon of Light for Atas'Cosita that it greatly needed. In his absence, tragedy had befallen not only him. It had fell upon the City that he loved dearly, and the family he had sworn to serve and treat with reverence, benevolence, love, and respect. It was going to be his biggest mistake.

At this time in his life, he could not regret or remorse the past. The Paladin needed to set forth intent for the future. Settled, content, and happy, the male found favor in the Queen he was infinitely loyal to, work to be done amidst a City gave him a chance to shine, and had a loving wife that he could devote himself to when not serving the City. Atas'Cosita has its fair share of heroes, and all that Crad wanted was to be there for what needed to be done.

Could it be that time for Crad to form that true family he had craved since his youth..?

Offline Profile